Basil and Tomatoes are considered a match made in Heaven! That is why we have chosen the Tomato as our Plant of the Month for July.
- Recipes: Sides, Soups, Part of Salads or Mains
- Growing: April – October
- Zone: 3-10
- Where: Full Sun (at least 8 hrs of sunlight per day).
- Versatile Planting: Can be planted in a bag, pot, container or in-ground.
- Tools: A trellis or tomato cage
- Fun Fact: Did you know that Tomatoes are considered a fruit or vegetable depending on context.
- Why is a tomato is a fruit? It’s actually classified as a berry because it has seeds inside and side and fl
- Why is a tomato considered vegetable at times? Since tomato’s have a much lower sugar content than other fruits it’s typically used as a vegetable like in a salad, or part of a main meal, rather than a dessert.
Check out these amazing healthy Carrot recipes!