For the month of August we decided to make the Carrot as our favorite plant of the month. Why do you say the Carrot? Well the carrot is a root vegetable that is full of flavor and texture; can be grown in any climate; and are easy to grow.
Check out the below recipes to see the amazing Carrot recipes we have gathered, from Breakfast to Dessert to even a Cocktail!!
- Growing: April – October; or Spring/Fall depending on harvest location
- Zone: 3-10
- Where: Full Sun
- Planting: Plant directly into the ground as they do not like to be transplanted
- Fun Facts:
- Are not just orange! They come in many varieties that vary in color from purple to white.
- Can be grown with other plants like radishes!
- Carrots are biennial. If you fail to harvest and leave the carrots in the ground, the tops will flower and produce seeds in the next year