For the Month of September we decided to make Watermelon our favorite plant of the month. Watermelon is scrumptiously delicious, sweet, low calorie and refreshing vine like fruit.
- When to Grow: From late spring to early summer
- Zone: Anywhere that has Warmer Climates (3-11)
- Where: They do best in loamy, somewhat-sandy, well-drained soil with a lot of space.
- Harvesting: 70 and 100 days from planting
- Fun Fact: Watermelons are mostly water — about 92 percent!
Check out these amazing Recipes!